To satisfy the needs expressed by the aluminium transformation industry, the CQRDA makes its best to propose a wide range of activities and training sessions, whose relevance is constantly confirmed. In this endeavor, the CQRDA is guided by the fact that the main issue is to ensure the sustainability and development of the industry, in connection with the Stratégie québécoise de développement de l’aluminium (SQDA) 2015-2025.
SEMINAR ON ALUMINIUM EXTRUSION AND ITS APPLICATION
Date : February 2017
Venue : University of Sherbrooke, Longueuil
With an attendance of some sixty participants, 9 speakers have explained the advantages stemming from the easiness of aluminium to be extruded. Invited speakers:
- Maurice Duval, scientific director, CQRDA
- Pascal Mourgues, P.M.A. inc. and Groupe Starwall
- Alexandre de la Chevrotière, MAADI Group inc.
- Mourad Ben Amor, University of Sherbrooke
- Michel Dallaire, industrial designer
- Nick Parson, Product Metallurgy, Rio Tinto
- Michael Stacey, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom
- Marc Sansalvado et Dany Tremblay, Pexal-Tecalum
THE TEN WORST ERRORS
Date : May 24 2017
Venue : Université du Québec à Chicoutimi, Chicoutimi
Over fifty participants attended the conference which was organized as a side event to the Salon de la Vallée de l’Aluminium en Affaires 2017.
LAUNCHING OF THE 46th issue of magazine Al13
Date : June 7 2017
Venue : Théâtre de la Dame de Cœur, Upton
Some 150 persons attended the event.
SEMINAR ON THE PROSPECT OF ALUMINIUM ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING
Date : September 13, 2017
Venue : Bécancour
Over sixty participants attended the presentations that enabled them to know more about the potential of the aluminium additive manufacturing and its application domains. This process allows to produce complex parts by generating less material loss, while limiting the number of production steps. Invited speakers :
- Benoit Rivollet, Consultant Manager -Expert Matériau, In Extenso Innovation Croissance, Lyon – France
- Martin Hartlieb, consultant – Viami
- Mathieu Brochu, professor, McGill University
- Vladimir Brailovski, professor and incumbent, ETS research Chair on additive manufacturing, École de technologie supérieure